My Mother is A Witch - Driver Tells Court.


A 32-year-old driver, Mayowa Adeyemo who was arraigned in an Osogbo magistrate Court for assaulting his eighteen months old Son with Cigarette Lunt has told the Court that his mother is a Witch and she was responsible for his regular maltreatment of his son.

Adeyemo was arraigned before an Osun State Magistrates' Court Osogbo on two counts bothering on assault and exploitation.

The accused who pleaded not guilty with explanation told the surprised court room that he was bewitched by his mother which had made him indulged in inexplicable excesses including battering his Son with cigarette Lunt every time.

He stated further that he had five children from five different mothers, adding that the boy he assaulted with sticks was the son from his fourth wife.

According to him, "When the mother was pregnant we got separated due to the pressure she got from her parent but we later reunited and was living together this year. Ever since we reunited my son always run away from me and I hate him so much that I find myself beating him uncontrollably. I assaulted him on many occasion against my will. I believe that the spell my mother cast on me was responsible for my action of battering my son."

The police prosecutor, Mr Abiodun Fagboyinbo, told that court that the defendant committed the offence on 24th of May, 2020, 1:30 PM at Okini Area, Osogbo and assaulted Kukute(Not real name) whose age is one year six months by beating him with stick and cigarette fire to the extent he sustained injury all over his body.

Mr Fagboyingbo noted that offence committed contravened Section 355 of the Criminal Code Cap 34, Vol. II. Laws of Osun State Nigeria 2002 and section 33(1)(2) of the Child Rights Law of Osun State Nigeria.

After listening to his explaination, the Chief Magistrate, Modupe Awodele ordered Adeyemo to be remanded in Ilesha Correctional Center and adjourned the case to 14th of July for hearing.


Comments